Friday, September 2, 2011

Eagle iView Introduction Blog

Hello everyone and welcome to my introductory blog.

Currently, I am a senior undergraduate student at Eastern Michigan University majoring in Aviation Management Technology, with a minor in General Business. My short term goal is to finish my B.S. degree and graduate either in the end of the next Winter semester or Spring quarter. My long term goal is to obtain an International Aviation Consultant/Expert career, given the fact that I am already at the top of the ladder of my linguistic career with over seven years of native/professional linguistic and cultural advising experience in support of our U.S. military efforts overseas (e.g. Northrop Grumman, DARPA, NIST, L-3 Communications, etc.).
Flying was a childhood dream that I took seriously once I graduated from high school few years ago. I started with introductory ground school training while simultaneously taking flying lessons during the weekends at the Ann Arbor Airport (ARB). Shortly later that year I decided to attend EMU and major in Aviation Flight Technology, while taking flying lessons at Eagle Flight Center. I successfully completed my first solo flight on May 12th, 2004. Later that year I put school on hold and deployed overseas in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II & III. In fact this opportunity opened new doors for me and in 2006 I changed majors from Flight into Management.

I hope that all of us will take this blogging assignment seriously and learn from each others experiences and knowledge. Wish you all success in this course and in your aviation careers, and I would like to conclude this posting with the following quote:
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." _Leonardo da Vinci

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote. Interesting background that will most definitely open up some great opportunities after graduation. Also, you have a nice, professional look to your blog.

    ReplyDelete